- BEFORE school starts you should update the OS (Operating System) on your laptop to El Capitan! All the student devices will be updated to El Capitan.
- BEFORE you make an OS update it would be a VERY GOOD IDEA to make a back-up - Just in case. It's probably time to anyway... Everything should be fine but I always make a back-up before upgrading my Operating System.
- BEFORE updating CHECK to make sure that your hard drive is not TOO full. You will need at least 10 GB of free space to safely update to El Cap. Just go up to the Apple in the left corner. Select About this Mac - then Storage to SEE the status of your free space.
- You should be able to go the App Store and run the update from there. It will probably take A WHILE so plan accordingly.
- After you update your OS, you may see other applications that can be updated. Go ahead and make those updates too. It will be one less thing to worry about later.
- You are going to really like Fresh Service!
- If you have a Tech need, just go to the Staff links on the RSS Webpage, select the Tech Work Order
- The first time you will need to login - It's your email name and password - just like EVERYTHING else
- Click the + to add a new work ticket. Be sure to enter as much info as you can!
- Fresh Service promises to help us better track and take care of our assets. You will be able to track your requests and monitor the results.
- You asked. THEY listened! Students will no longer have admin rights on their laptops.
- What does this mean? (I have not had the opportunity to play with this yet - but in theory...) - Students should NOT be able to install games of their choice on their laptops. All new applications and updates will have to come through Self Service.
- Hopefully, this will mean less adware, games and mess on student laptops and more productivity.
- Yay! Their laptops should already have: MS Office, Keynote, Pages, Numbers, and iMovie. I'm not sure about iBooks Author. We may have to wait just a bit on that one. We can request it after the initial rush of back to school settles a bit.
YOUR Password Protection
- Yay! They really listened to your needs! RSSS has purchased a license for Respondus which works with Schoology through a Lockdown Browser for secure testing.
- Honestly I don't have any details YET - but just know it's coming SOON! The Lockdown Browser is already on the student laptops. Yay!
- Better to be prepared than STRESSED...
- Plan A - All students will return to South Block at the end of Day 1 for Laptop Deployment. More details on that coming soon. It should be very easy. There will slides for you to follow. We will have a small team of our people who don't have a South Block trained to come around and assist as needed.
- Reality Check...
- All students may NOT have paid their laptop usage fee or have the signed parent RUP on Day 1. SO quite a few students will not be taking their laptop home on Day 1 AND...
- Some of the laptops we plan to deploy on Day 1 may experience technical difficulties when we try to enroll them and it may take a day or two to get the issues resolved.
- Real Life
- No students will have laptops in your class on Day 1
- Not all of your students will have laptops on Day 2 or possibly even Day 3
- This also means some students may not be able to do homework on their laptop...
- We WILL be working toward that goal as fast as we can. Understanding this now and planning for it will make your life SO much less stressful the first week : )
- And as a general rule - we will NOT be issuing loaners for those without laptops the first week
How can you prove to me how AWESOME and PREPARED that you are?
Just click on the Comment Button below this post and leave me a comment. Be sure to include your name. Tell me 1 tip you think is GOOD NEWS from this post OR (just for fun) tell me your favorite Netflix movie or show.
I sincerely hope you have a FABULOUS year!